An exciting event coming up in Ottawa
*Please share widely*
From the Ground Up: Building a Sanctuary City Together
We believe that we have the knowledge and the power to do this. In Ottawa and across Canada, organizers, community members and front line service providers have been building safer communities through creative strategies developed from the ground up. Let’s bring our collective skills and experience together to build a sanctuary city from below.
Join us for a day of discussion, learning, and strategizing about:
– Critical Casework: Protecting privacy and access to services
– Border Crossings: Supporting failed asylum seekers
– Unconditional Access: Examples from other cities
– Policing and Immigration: Limiting police discretion
Special guests include:
– Ingrid Mendez, Sanctuary Health, Vancouver
– Serge Bouchereau, Comité d’action des personnes sans statut (CAPSS), Montréal
– Overdose Prevention Ottawa
* The venue is fully wheelchair accessible.